Join the Green Party of Sonoma County for
Conversations Around the Fire:
Rebuilding in a Fire Ecology
Join us for an evening of information sharing to address the daunting questions about rebuilding in a fire ecology and engaging support for a resilient recovery.
- How do we plan thoughtfully and creatively to live cooperatively in a fire ecology?
- What resources exist to help us?
- How can we learn from our past?
- Julie Combs, Santa Rosa City Councilmember – on the role of local government
- Dan Wade, Staff Attorney for United Policyholders – on navigating insurance claims
- Laura Neish, 350 Sonoma County – on support for fire victims for rebuilding green
- Mara Ventura, North Bay Jobs with Justice - on labor and immigrant rights during the rebuild
- Edward Willie, ethnobotanist – on permaculture, native land management practices, and development in fire-prone areas
- Ray Krauss, former County Planner – on historical planning for fire in Sonoma County
- Teri Shore, Greenbelt Alliance – on a resilient rebuild & recovery that reduces fire risk and ideal locations for new housing
There will be information tables about fire-resistant and eco-building materials, zero-net energy homes, affordable housing, cleanup standards, resource management, and efforts for a resilient recovery with the big picture of climate change in mind.
Jointly organized by:
* Green Party of Sonoma County
* Community Action Coalition of Sonoma County
* Peace & Justice Center of Sonoma County
* Social Concerns Task Force of Christ Church United Methodist
For more information by phone, call 707-292-4233